Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring Break: Day 1

My first day of Spring Break was GREAT!! I always love being able to get off of the third shift schedule & live life like a "normal" person! I got to sleep in today until 10 o'clock & had a lunch date scheduled with my Daddy, Elyse & Alexander to celebrate Daddy's 47th Birthday. We were a little late on the celebration, but with everyone's busy schedule this week was the first chance we had!

Of course Daddy got to pick the location of his birthday lunch, and he chose Zoe's Kitchen! Elyse & I had never been there, but Dad insisted it was AMAZING, and he was right!!

The menu was full of healthy, fresh options. I decided on the grilled chicken pita with slaw & a fresh (I mean really fresh- no soggy fruit at all) fruit cup! DELICIOUS!

After lunch we headed across the street to visit my step-mom Rhonda at the dental office she works at. Since her office is next to a Feeders Supply we walked over to see the dogs & cats from the Kentucky Humane Society. Of course I feel in love with one, and can't get her off my mind....
Look at that sweet face!!

After lunch and visiting with Rhonda we headed home. I was so happy that Mike was up when I got home (he works the dreaded third shift as well). It's rare that we are ever on the same schedule, but since I am on break this week I got to tag along to the gym with him!

Today we worked shoulders, traps & abs. Our workout consisted of:
Smith machine shoulder press (3 sets of 15, 12, 10)
Standing shoulder press (1 set to failure)
Lateral Shoulder raises (3 sets of 15, 12, 10, hold the last rep for 30 seconds, start a new set to failure)
Rear Delt flys (4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 10)
Upright rows with close grip (3 sets of 15, 12, 10)
Leg raises (3 sets of 20)
Decline crunches (3 sets of 25)

I finished my strength training with a quick 2 mile HITT (High Intensity Interval Training) run. My first mile consisted of 1 minute light run (6.5 mph) with 30 seconds of high intensity (10.5 mph). I completed my first mile in 7:35. I am very competitive with myself, so for my second mile I wanted to beat my first mile time. The second mile consisted of 1 minute light/moderate run (7.0 mph) with 30 seconds of high intensity (11.0 mph). I completed my second run in 7:14. My competitive mind was happy, and my legs were dead! :)

This is why I love HITT training:



After a great workout we came home & made dinner which consisted of grilled chicken breast, oven baked sweet potatoes and roasted asparagus! YUM!! I have filled up the rest of my evening cleaning out my DVR:




I have had a great 1st day of Spring Break! Too bad I can't live this live everyday of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment